Bugshut for Steel Rollup Door
Stop Bugs before They Invade
No more post-contaminant cleanup in your facility! Our specially-designed brush of the Bugshut Rollup Door Sweep seals gaps around the floor and door frames and prevents unwanted pests and dust from entering your facility, without obstructing the opening and closing of the shutters and doors.
- With built-in flexibility, the brush holder reduces damage and wear to the brush caused by the repetitive opening and closing of the door
- High level of density created by its 2 layers of bristles offers airtight sealing for top-tier pest control results
- The base of the bristles is cut at an angle to reduce seal openings
- No need to change the whole unit – the brush part is replaceable for cost effectiveness
Features and Specifications
- Insect Repellent: stops pests from entering and prevents contamination of products and goods inside climate control inside a facility
- Dust Reduction: prevents dusts from entering from the outside
- Wind Barrier: keeps hot and cold air from coming in and cooled and heated air from escaping, enabling efficient
- Snow Barrier: keeps snow from entering to avoid possible freezing and short-circuiting during times of heavy night snowfall
- Bird Barrier: prevents birds from entering or building nests in shutter casing
- Sound Barrier: reduces the sounds of wind rattling and shaking the shutter by minimizing the vibration
- Light Barrier: prevents light from shining through the gaps around a shutter, keeping out pests that are attracted to light
- Leak Barrier: prevents leaking of climatized air from a facility and supports the maintenance of stable temperatures within
5 Reasons to Choose the Bugshut Door Sweep
1. Proven Superior Effectiveness *based on in-house testing
How Contaminant (Fruit Flies) Exclusion Test was performed: In our testing, 20 fruit flies were released into a sealed plastic case measuring W: 8.6″, L: 13″, and H: 6″. The case was divided by a plate placed against the floor of the case with a 0.07″ gap, and a banana was placed on the other side of the plate.
In the first test where the case was divided only by the plate, 10 flies were able to reach the feed banana. In the second test, we used the Bugshut Door Sweep to seal the 0.07” gap under the plate, and NO flies were able to reach the bait banana.
2. Seamless Joints
2 rows bristle + seamless joint sections for superb sealing.
For easy maintenance, you can replace the brushes without taking off the frame.
3. Specially-Designed Brush Holder for Sheet Shutters
By reducing resistance on the brush when opening and closing the shutters, our specially-constructed brush holder allows the unit to be used with sheet shutters as well. We performed a durability test on Bugshut Door Sweep by opening and closing the shutter with Bugshut attached 10,000 times, and it showed very little deterioration of the sheet and brush.
*based on in-house testing
4. 1-Year Product Warranty
5. Full Track Record of Successful Use
Since its sales launch in 2000, over 16,000 of Bugshut Door Sweeps have been put into use by major companies in Japan across a wide range of industries including food processing, manufacturing, service, IT, distribution, public utilities and more. Bugshut has received excellent product reviews by the companies who have adopted it.
Brush and Holder Sets (Screws not included)
- Brush needs to replaced when worn out.
- Signs it’s time to replace: the bristles of the brush do not align properly and start to splay open when they are old and worn.
Special Plastic Angle Set (Screws not included)
Bugshut special angle set
|146-055-00||BST2-ANGLESET||39.4" (1m)||Buy Now|
* Special Plastic Angle Set is required in case the side rail of the shutter is exposed.
Due to the nature of the brush’s construction and depending on frequency of usage and environmental conditions, the brush can become detached or break. After installation, please check the condition of the brush periodically.
- In cases where there is no bar or wall on the shutter rollup doors to attach the brush to, a separate additional angle bracket might be necessary
- For lightweight manual shutters to prevent the brush from becoming caught in the slats and damaged or ripped out, it will be necessary to attach the brush so that the tips touch the front side of the slats
- As the grooves in Type S and A slats are quite deep, slight gaps between the brush and the slats may develop
- For obstacle detective sensor doors, the rollup bottom seating panel may not completely fit back into the shutter casing in the lintel
BugShut Product Catalog
BugShut Installation Manual